Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Getting wireless netowrk IPs?

0 0

Wireless networks themselves do not have IPs.

It's probably using the version of WEP encryption that accepts all connections to the network, but you don't have the proper encryption key so you can't decode any of the packets, and thus - no internet access, and no access to other computers on the network.

0 0

Ah, I meant the IP of the guy who has it set up and is running it… Is that possible to get?

0 0

You could hack his wpa/wep key, join his network and go get his ip. Theres articles on this site how to do it, or Google, will give you plenty of information.

0 0

Well. I want to know a way to get the IP without cracking the WEP key.. I found that you can edit the router settings if you enter the IP of the guy with the router and enter the pass to edit it. By defualt the passes are things like admin or password. So if you could get the IP you wouldn't even have to go though the trouble of cracking the WEP key… You just open Firefox type in his IP and you get a prompt asking for a password and if the defaults work, then your in.. :)

But I don't know how you would get the IP..

0 0

Night_Stalker wrote: Well. I want to know a way to get the IP without cracking the WEP key.. I found that you can edit the router settings if you enter the IP of the guy with the router and enter the pass to edit it. By defualt the passes are things like admin or password. So if you could get the IP you wouldn't even have to** go though the trouble of cracking the WEP key**… You just open Firefox type in his IP and you get a prompt asking for a password and if the defaults work, then your in.. :)

But I don't know how you would get the IP..

Do you even know how easy it is to crack his WEP? Answer: Easier then accessing his router from outside the network.

0 0

No, if you have the IP and enter it into the url bar you get asked to enter a password.. and if the man hasn't changed the default password to edit the setting, you can just go in and edit the settings and change the pass so he/she can't stop you from doing it..

Admin from hell
0 0

@Night_Stalker. Do you understand how wireless works. Your comparing wired to wireless.

0 0

you say you can connect but not do anything are you sure its not Mac filtered

0 0

tch0rt wrote: you say you can connect but not do anything are you sure its not Mac filtered

It's secured so most likely when he does connect (without the key), he can't decode the packets.

Also, WEP cracking is very easy, there are guides everywhere. Sometimes some AP's take longer than others but my record time so far is ~4 minutes.

But once you get the key and you do find out it's mac filtered, scan around for clients and spoof your mac. Then do whatever.

0 0

Yeah, you cant connect to the guys router without being on the network, so if you want in you pretty much gotta get the wep key.

0 0

You can edit the settings remotely on a wireless network, I've done it before, on both my friend's and on my own wireless network…

0 0

The more information you can provide about the ap, the better the help you'll be able to receive.

When you connect, are you pulling an ip address? So, say you have an ip of 123.124.12.3, it would be a good guess that the router would be on 123.124.12.1. You can make sure by doing a ping sweep of the network ip range (123.124.12.1-255) and seeing what addresses respond.

Now, you also have to know that some routers do not come with a web administration feature (although, most do). So, if you know the router is on .1, do a check for other open ports and see what you can do with that.

Lastly, you're relying solely on the person to have not changed the default username/password.

Actually, come to think of it, my parents just got a new router from their isp and it didn't come with any web administration, but it had telnet open with no-auth. So, I'm not sure about routers these days.

0 0

I know the admin pass on my mom's and also my dad's router werent changed… now Im not gunna tell you where I live. :P

0 0

Most routers I believe you can opt to set a remote management, but its not on by default. Also again this whole argument is stupid. Op asked a question, we answered saying its easier to crack the wep or wpa key and log in,.. as opposed to phishing for an IP address, hoping he has a remote management tool, and hasnt changed the default password…etc. But Im tired of explaining this, so I cant/wont help any further.