Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

USB Password Stealing

0 0

I was reading an article about a penetration tester putting a password stealing tool on some usb sticks in order to take the passwords of the local users that use a machine.

Iv had a look around and found Hacksaw and USB theif.

Has anyone had any experience with such tools?

Regards

Mambo

0 0

ive tried them out.. the best you can do is try a bunch out and then do one yourself.. unless you find one that specifically does everything you want.. the hacksaw is very good but there are others that also include the hacksaws options..

0 0

if this is for windows systems then an autorun to a batch file that copys the backup sams from %systemroot%\repair\ would do the job

0 0

You can find a couple on hak5's wiki, hacksaw being one of them. Id recommend it, but if you want a custom one, building one yourself wouldnt be too tricky.

0 0

Or get Switchblade. Just don't try it at school, becuase it infects basically any thing connected to your computer.

[ot]I had to repair our school's network because someone used a virus which also used these techniques. That was fucking hard and I bet there are still some people whose boxes are infected, because they put their ownUSB-Stick in one of these computers.[/ot]

0 0

Those damn U3 switchblades. One of my friends went around stealing Steam accounts by copying the registry keys to a text file whenever his usb was plugged in.