Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Reading Mozilla's Color Coding in 'view source'

0 0

I understand what green (comments) black (attribute) blue (value) red (end tag) and Purple (tags), but wth does pink mean? I tried some php injection on a website and my injected php wasn't visible on the page after it was reloaded, but when I viewed the source it was in the source where i injected it but it was pink?

Any Idea?

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

i think pink is for server side executable code

0 0

DeafCode wrote: i think pink is for server side executable code

strange then i wonder why it didnt execute? this server has no input validation, and i would like to upload a shell and leave a note for the admin..

I tried to do a header <?php (location: http://google.com); ?> what would be a reason for that not executing??

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

idk im not good with we programming

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

You can't inject php through XSS!!!! Only through RFI, if you use search page, there is few days old thread where Mr_Cheese explains it

btw pink color is server side code, that doesn't get executed on the server

0 0

clone4 wrote: You can't inject php through XSS!!!! Only through RFI @OP: Listen to this. There's a big difference between injecting PHP and injecting HTML or javascript.

@clone4: It's not only possible through RFI; let's not forget about eval() ;) (although RFI is far more common)

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Uber0n wrote: @clone4: It's not only possible through RFI; let's not forget about eval() ;) (although RFI is far more common)

yeah forgot about that one :) well thx for correction :D