Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

ssh log in

0 0

I've been looking on google for tutorials about ssh, or telnet… I've got a box that I've found and I'm trying to gain access to it and from what I understand ssh and telnet act as terminals for this. Im using a xp box with nmap and putty, I port 22 is open(ssh) and i can connect to it but thats as far as i know… this is the first time I've ever tried rooting, any help with getting past a ssh log in would be greatly apreciated or links to a tutorial.

info about the box. it hosts a great resource site and has good information on cryptography and steganography, but unfortunetly has been abandoned by the owner. the only reason its still up is because people still use it but it hasn't been updated in two year and isn't going to be updated ever again, wich is quite unfortunet, but if any one could help me that would be great.

Banned
0 0

You exploit the services. If you want to exploit SSH, read the code. Learn the code. Exploit the code.

BE THE CODE.

0 0

thats helpful(kinda…)

the box has Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) and PHP/5.1.2 ssh 22 is open, i've googled and all i can find is tutorials on using nmap to find ports and how to "connect" with ssh and putty, but nothing on getting past the loggin, or exploits for the ssh… i'd have to look at my scan again to see what else is there.

i'd like to check sites like astalavista.com and stuff to see what I can find there but my school has those sites filtered(i still don't know how hbh isn't).

0 0

HBH is educational :) I remember my ethical hacking teacher was turned our whole class to using this site and HTS. Besides odds are its blocked because of the sex adds not the information on the site.