Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

john am i stupyd or what

0 0

ok i have to learn to use john. I was readying all those articles and i googled and googled but it doesnt work. I am using linux this is what i find i type this in shell: john -w:/home/bullet/Desktop/oui.txt /home/bullet/Desktop/password.txt > /home/bullet/Desktop/result.txt where oui.txt is wordlist, password.txt is hash and result.txt is file where it has to decode hash. i get this in my result.txt Loaded 1 password (Standard DES [48/64 4K]) but what to do now am i doing smth wrong or passwd is not here maybe some other directory or file what to do please help

The Manager
0 0

The password exports as the .pot file.

0 0

but where

0 0

john -w:/home/bullet/Desktop/oui.txt john show:john.pot

Or something like that… Been a while since I have used john. (If you cant get it to work, simplify it until it does work.)

0 0

bullet wrote: but where

Into the John folder.

0 0

i dont know it doesnt work i dont know what to do aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Banned
0 0

bullet wrote: i dont know it doesnt work i dont know what to do aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Google this: RTFM

0 0

i dont know i need path to file but i dont have that file john.pot:xx::xx:

Banned
0 0

Run it and then run this command:

find / -mmin -1

It tells you what files got changed in the past 1 minute.

0 0

hey thank you i will try it:p:p