Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Breaking into peoples personal computers

0 0

Im in search of an answer to this question :

Are using trojans & worms the only way to break into peoples computers ?

If not please elaborate as much as possible on your answer . Many have said that alot of the old ways of getting in and taking over a persons computer is dead . Obviously certain things have been patched this is obvious . But im just curious if manualy breaching a persons personal computer is still viable these days ?

To'g go bog e' , Neqtan

0 0

i dont know what you think when you say manual but you can also get someones PC without trojans and worms you can scan ports and see witch one is open and enter it this is what i know and about manual braking i know that you can in some PC pass that dos or bios passwd by Ctrl+left shift+F8 two times then backspace then enter or just pull out little battery in your PC for about 10 min and pass will be down maybe i am wrong but this is what i know :):)

0 0

I suppose you mean that you want to get full access to a remote computer (to which you have no physical access). In that case the easiest way is to use a backdoor.

0 0

but are there other methods to get not full acces to someone pc just part of acces for example on Vista (when vista dont have telnet).

The Manager
0 0

many store bought computers have administrators password set up as NULL so you can try to remote access the PC via their IP and map their c$ drive. there is always ways around anything.

If you want more info please PM me.

0 0

well my first "hacking" was with program "soft perfect network scanner" you can do what you want with peoples share files. what people dont know when they put smth on share and when they connect on internet it is shared to everybody so you can do what you want. You just need to type IP address (from:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and it will list you all IPs you will have little + and just click on it and haha i am in. ;)

0 0

I think its definitely still possibly to get into someones computer remotely. Like Uber0n said the easiest way is through a backdoor. A lot of companies use things like telnet, SSH, and Remote Desktop to manage important servers, routers, vpn devices ect. So All those methods can be compromised if you can make a bunch of educated guesses and use something like hydra to brute force for you. Now if your talking about someone's average xp home computer, there are countless ways to get into xp home, especially when your dealing with as many (technically) un-educated people as I do. Just look up "My passwords" on Lime wire documents and you will see what I'm Talking about :wow:

The Manager
0 0

bullet wrote: well my first "hacking" was with program "soft perfect network scanner" you can do what you want with peoples share files. what people dont know when they put smth on share and when they connect on internet it is shared to everybody so you can do what you want. You just need to type IP address (from:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and it will list you all IPs you will have little + and just click on it and haha i am in. ;)

bullet: you just openly admitted to the world that you are a skid!

0 0

why people never talk about BOF here???

nice DOS and BOF attack combined is better then anything else…

0 0

what is "skid" i dont know English is not my language

0 0

bullet wrote: what is "skid" i dont know English is not my language

A skid…aka script kiddie, is someone that uses someone else's program/script to hack for them because they are too ignorant in the coding field to code their own. Yet, they still call themselves a "hacker". I agree totally Aldarhawk. And, did he just say, "what is a skid?" wtf..haha

The Manager
0 0

Hell froze over…COD3 actually agreed with me…and he did not bad mouth me! :whoa: I feel dizzy now…

0 0

that was like 1year ago when i started learning and i didnt know anything i just googled stupid things because i didnt know where to start so i typed in google IP scanner and i got this i didnt know what is html or javascript or pearl, python, C++ and then i stop doing anything and now i start learning again because i got this site on a forum and i want to say this site i great and i love it i learned a lot and here i can see what i need to learn because how can you learn when you dont know what you have to learn so thank you very much (but i know that you can help me even more so HELP and TEACH):D

0 0

alka wrote: why people never talk about BOF here???

nice DOS and BOF attack combined is better then anything else…

DDoS is a bit taboo on this site, I can agree about that ^^

However imo there are things far more entertaining than crashing and overflowing… ;)

0 0

Yes Uberon it would be a remote intrusion that im specificaly looking for details on .

Yes ultimately we could say hypotheticaly the system would be Win Xp . Considering its most common right now . But vista was another curiosity .

I should have been more specific when i started the question topic . I was in a rush and failed to lay a better foundation . I wanted to say that i would like more details as to how to get in without methods like , DDOS , Brute Force , Trojan , Worms , hmm im not sure what Uberon means by backdoor persay . But i think its open for discussion .

I realy wanted manual (By hand with minimal programs (all self made)) descriptions of the different methods of remote attacks on pc's .

Im realy surprised with the number of good feedback . I appreciate everyones involvement . Theres been many misleading and somewhat conflicting information ive recieved over the years as to the limited penetration methods for this topic . I just wanted those with better knowledge to clear up this isue i was having .

Are we allowed to go into detail as to the the actual hypothetical aproach of any perticular "fictional" attack / intrusion .

Like for instance . The challenge is a remote computer we recieved an ip address of through an email header . We use a self made port scanner or a standard program like nmap to scan the ports . Basic begining . Now ok we find an open port such as , 8889 . This is a good one should make things easy for computer to computer communication . Considering it is a com. port so to say .

http://www.auditmypc.com/port/udp-port-8889.asp

For begginers sake we will say theres a null admin password and no security suite protecting this machine . Its a free for all event . Ok what might one guy to the next try to do with this scenario ?

Then can we try the same scenario with an admin pass that needs getting past & a security suite with no configuration , fresh out the box .

Thanks again for all your comments . Aldar Hawk i would rather enjoy a private conversation about this with you when your not busy . Maby the weekend would work better for both of us considering schedules eh !?

To'g go bog e' , Neqtan

0 0

Neqtan wrote: hmm im not sure what Uberon means by backdoor persay . But i think its open for discussion . In the scenario you describe, it's probably not included. Backdooring in this case means to get a hidden application running on the target's computer and then sending commands to it which it executes. This is a great and often simple technique, but it requires ou to somehow get the person to run the application. Attaching it to a spoofed email, transferring it via IM, sending it on a CD or making it install automatically from a flash drive are just a few of the possibilities.

You are probably thinking more about rooting though, where the focus is to find already available exploits and not adding software.

0 0

Thanks for the reply . Yeah i was aware what a backdoor was . But i just wasnt sure how you intended for the backdoor to get in its place . I understand your thinking now . Thanks for clarifying .

Ok so , yes we can get a backdoor on the computer via IM and such . But is it possible to directly place the backdoor during a root attack ? Somehow designing the backdoor to activate itself during victims startup or during some other process with specific registrys to make this happen ?

To'g go bog e' , Neqtan

Banned
0 0

Of course that is possible. If you have root access you can do anything. From flipping the screen to installing a backdoor/rootkit.

0 0

You seem to have forgotten a few very neat tricks…

net user root password /ADD' will add a user to the computer named root with password set as password

net localgroup /ADD Administrators root' will add this user to the Administrators group

These are great if you know CMD and the net commands…

Now, this can also be done if you can connect to a SQL server on the target (try user "sa" password "sa" / "welcome" / "password" (A quick port scan or trying to connect to the IP in a browser should give you some clues to whether this is present…)

By using the query (once connected)

xp_cmdshell 'net user root /ADD' will add a user to the computer xp_cmdshell 'net localgroup /ADD Administrators root' will add this user to the Administrators group (this will only work if the SQL Server account has administrative privileges i.e. user "sa")

(Which doubles as a pretty mean SQL injection if the target is running a website)

Also remember that shares ending with $ will not show in explorer, so you might want to try accessing

\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\c$\

From here you might be able to get to cmd and add your own user, which means you'll have access to just about everything, including removing other user (Although I'd recommend keeping the user as quiet as possible)

These methods still work on Windows Vista as well.

They require no software so thy're pretty robust, besides I know I don't carry my packet sniffers wherever I go?

0 0

Well thanks alot for that bit of information . I didnt know those commands .

I have been searching for forum topics and articles on the net about rooting for years but found nothing very helpfull . I did however after a conversation with a friend here and starting this thread . I found a decent string of articles on the very topic of rooting written by DarkPontifex @ www.enigmagroup.org . But unfortunately the site is down and i was only able to recover one of the articles through cached links .

But his attention to detail in his articles real describes well how to go about rooting in general . I have found plenty of forum topics but most had been vague or lacked direction and detail .

To'g go bog e' , Neqtan

0 0

If you have physical access to the computer, the computer is as good as owned. In terms of obtaining initial remote ownage of a system, the two methods that I have had most success with are Social Engineering and Phishing.

I am always trying to learn more about finding and exploiting naturally occurring technical vulnerabilities in order to increase the number of systems I can compromise and explore.