Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Self Deleting Email

0 0

Is there a way to add a script to your email and have it delete after the receiver reads it. If there is could you please tell me what it is and how to put it into my email.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Zero_out wrote: Is there a way to add a script to your email and have it delete after the receiver reads it. If there is could you please tell me what it is and how to put it into my email. as far as i know, you can't do this with a normal email client. Most emailers like yahoo, gmail, etc. have scripts disabled in the messages.

Greyhat in Training
0 0

Zero_out wrote: Is there a way to add a script to your email and have it delete after the receiver reads it. If there is could you please tell me what it is and how to put it into my email.

This might be of some help…

http://www.readnotify.com/readnotify/about.asp

What else does ReadNotify do?

There are lots of great features available to you - these include the following sending options:

Certified email Ensured-Receipts and retractable emails Invisible tracking Self-Destructing emails Block printing Adobe Acrobat PDF Document Tracking Track MS Word or Excel documents

Regards, Zer0Man

Banned
0 0

Not possible. You can have a self-destructing WEBPAGE, or a self-destructing IMAGE, but no email.

0 0

Thankyou for all of your information guys

Greyhat in Training
0 0

spyware wrote: Not possible. You can have a self-destructing WEBPAGE, or a self-destructing IMAGE, but no email.

How come then is it that 'read notify' states on their website (subscribe page) that it's possible then?

http://www.readnotify.com/readnotify/payment.asp

31. Self-Destructing emails provide good protection for your email, helping prevent it from being forwarded, printed, copied or saved anywhere.

Banned
0 0

Zer0Man wrote: 31. Self-Destructing emails provide good protection for your email, helping prevent it from being forwarded, printed, copied or saved anywhere.

Because they lie? They probably compile your text into an image (most likely using the PHP Image extension, GD2) and display that. They've scripted it so that it can be only read once by an individual, after that, it's gone.

The other way is a link to a webpage which goes BOOM, less moxious, more hack-ish.

0 0

moshbat wrote: Isn't this topic covered in another thread called something like 'Self destructing email' ?

yes i do remember that thread as well…

one of noticeable response to that thread was have your message in picture format and upload to web, email link to that pic to receiver, and when you want to delete the message just delete the pic you've uploaded….

I think it's system meltdown or smaurai's response….

It's quite clever and most simple and effective way to achieve your need, if you ask me….

0 0

Zer0Man wrote: 31. Self-Destructing emails provide good protection for your email, helping prevent it from being forwarded, printed, copied or saved anywhere.

Ever heard of the 'Print Screen' button? ;)

0 0

alka wrote: one of noticeable response to that thread was have your message in picture format and upload to web, email link to that pic to receiver, and when you want to delete the message just delete the pic you've uploaded….

It's quite clever and most simple and effective way to achieve your need, if you ask me….

This solution is flawed on so many levels. The picture would automatically be stored in the browsers cache. It could easily be saved by a right click -> save as. Also, as was previously mentioned, print screen will easily defeat this or any other method if the target is aware the message will "self destruct."

Greyhat in Training
0 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]Zer0Man wrote: 31. Self-Destructing emails provide good protection for your email, helping prevent it from being forwarded, printed, copied or saved anywhere.

Ever heard of the 'Print Screen' button? ;)[/quote]

LOL Yea :p LOL

@Spyware - I will try and find out how they do it. :ninja:

Greyhat in Training
0 0

Here you go Spyware - I've checked through their website and found this…

Self-Destructing / Retractable: your recipients email address + .selfdestruct.readnotify.com Emails sent with this feature must be accessed via a link and will automatically destruct in the time selected by the sender. Your message will also self-destruct immediately if the recipient tries to copy, print or forward it. Sending emails using our Self-Destruct feature allows you to retract the body of your email prior to it being opened by your recipient. This 'retract' option will be available from your "Personal Tracking Page". Note: Only the body of your email is destructible, any attachments will be transmitted as usual and can not be retracted.

Banned
0 0

Zer0Man wrote: Self-Destructing / Retractable: your recipients email address + .selfdestruct.readnotify.com Emails sent with this feature must be accessed via a link and will automatically destruct in the time selected by the sender. Your message will also self-destruct immediately if the recipient tries to copy, print or forward it. Sending emails using our Self-Destruct feature allows you to retract the body of your email prior to it being opened by your recipient. This 'retract' option will be available from your "Personal Tracking Page". Note: Only the body of your email is destructible, any attachments will be transmitted as usual and can not be retracted.

Well, analyze it.

First off, > mails sent with this feature must be accessed via a link

See, it's just a page. ASP or PHP, perfectly capable of having timers and file-deleting options.

Your message will also self-destruct immediately if the recipient tries to copy, print or forward it

The copy and print destruction can be done using some clever Javascript. Did I say clever? I meant common. Forwarding can't be done since when someone clicks the link, the page deletes itself. So yeah, forwarding it would probably result in a dead link. Note: Print screen always works.

Sending emails using our Self-Destruct feature allows you to retract the body of your email prior to it being opened by your recipient.

What they are trying to say: You can delete the page (which the "self-destruction" email links to) remotely. Big deal.

It's just a mixture of javascript and ASP/PHP. Anyone which more than novice skills could write this.

0 0

I have a better solution. Don't send emails to people unless you want them to read the email… What about the reader? We all have a database in our heads.

Depending on "enemies" resources, still not good. ex: FBI has resources, FBI uses dragonware suite. If this is done to avoid legal trouble… govs hav the keys you need to truely destroy informtion.

What if they take a picture with a camera?

What about the dozen+ hops that your email goes through?

If it was life or death, what about the graphic card's memory?

Once it is sent, it's public for good. You could use someone else’s email account though xP I am guessing that your interest is above a simple high school joke because then you would have just used the tool.