Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

logic 5

0 0

for this mission can someone please give me a clue or a push in the right direction. Is it impossible to dtermine the right fuse so you go for any one lol.

0 0

Lol, i came up with a completely original answer to this, but they wouldn't take it.

Seeing as you can't go upstairs…use the downstairs light-switch.

I dunno though, learn about how fuses work, what happens when they're not the right fuse.

0 0

Night_shadow, if people were clever enough not to install a down stairs switch we wouldn't need to use logic :D Close, learn how fuses work, especially the similarity between them and light bulbs( that'll differenciate one bulb) then with the nature of bulbs(what do light bulbs do!) and this you should be able to differenciate the other two! ;) PM me if you need more help!

0 0

You have a point, but i have an even better logical question:

"How overweight do you have to be to only be able to go up the stairs once? "

Lazy people now-a-days..

0 0

I just put turn em all on, one of ems gotta be correct… technically its true isnt it?

0 0

Come on guys… lets think…. It took me two seconds to figure it out.

Hint/Clue

If a light bulb is left on for a while, it grows warm

0 0

liek I said why dont you take a closer look at your light bulb :p

0 0

Honestly we all use magnetic fuses here (Germany) or ones with pretty huge ceramic bodies. Even googleing for fuse types didn't helped too much, I know now in what variety they come, as if I ever wanted to know ;) Anyways I pretty much solved all the challenges pretty fast in this category (at least I assume it, still waiting for the answers though) with the exception of No. 5 as to me the way a fuse box works is neither circuite is connected to each other and besides the status on/off (in whatever flavor) there nothing to the fuses. Logical to me would be to turn them all on and live with it, but that's not the right answer obviously there's no need to go up and check them and go back to probably turn them off. I will post an answer to this with the box although it's just a guess as I really don't see any logic there tbh…

0 0

oyu seem to be over complecating it also, WTF is a magnetic fuse?………. oooh you mean circuit breaker not that kind of fuse, I mean plain old think wire fuses, they are the same concept as a lightbulb, you need to know which bulb is linked to which bulb, so you cant judt fluck em on.

0 0

Magnetic Circuit Breaker right ;) My fault for the misnaming :D Anyways given the previous hints I already sent in my "solution" awaiting for acknowledgement…

0 0

I did this in less than 5 minutes, just knowing what a lightbulb is. You don't have to know how fuses work or what kind they are. Just use common sense..

0 0

SlimTim10 wrote: I did this in less than 5 minutes, just knowing what a lightbulb is. You don't have to know how fuses work or what kind they are. Just use common sense..

light bulbs are basically fuses, and fuses utillise the characteristic for lightbulbs which most people forget.

0 0

That's not what I meant.. I just imagined them as switches, like any light in my house. Doesn't matter if they're fuses or not, just think about the light bulbs.

0 0

a old fasion light bulb isnt efficient. Like everything where there is a current trough there are losses. In a wire: I²R=W where W= the energy lost by temperature 1000W bulb and 200V elektricity (i gonna cheat on this one… :) ) 1000W/200V=I (W=UI) current is: 5 A (5A)²*R is the energy loss by temperature. Now take something like youre PC the temperature raises to. But hey the biggest clue is already said… Just think what you can do with 3 switches…

0 0

Vector wrote: a old fasion light bulb isnt efficient. Like everything where there is a current trough there are losses. In a wire: I²R=W where W= the energy lost by temperature 1000W bulb and 200V elektricity (i gonna cheat on this one… :) ) 1000W/200V=I (W=UI) current is: 5 A (5A)²*R is the energy loss by temperature. Now take something like youre PC the temperature raises to. But hey the biggest clue is already said… Just think what you can do with 3 switches…

WTF I do a-level physics and dont have a clue what you're on about. IR=V not energy lost as heat, and a 1kW bulb is a bit bright for use on Earth lmao, is w watt? cause you used an U then P=VI so 100watt / 200 volts so 0.5amps and about 80 watts of a 100watt 'old fashioned' bulb goes as heat.

0 0

I know my grade 11 physics very well, but I used none of it for this challenge. Forget everything about physics and use common sense.

0 0

Ok I'm totally stumped on this here is everything i have tried short of space aliens why are none of these right

a: turn on/replace a fuse while your lightswitch is on and if you get electrocuted its the right one b: look for the fuse with the broken filament cuase its the one thats responsible(blown) c: Or touch the fuses to see which one is hot from short circuiting. Since none of the metals used are perfect superconductors their resistance generates heat. d: call an electrician(this costs alot) e: call 911(some lady called asking them how to bake a cake before!) f: USE THE FORCE g: switch to solar power and call it a day h: unleash the most ferocious termites known to man. wait until you can see your upstairs lights from downstairs and then begin. i: take all six wires the fuses are attached to and sting them up in a parrellel circuit with one new big fuse (resistance adjusted) for all of them. j: hit your head against the fuses and if they knock you unconcious their the wrong one(lights out)

i need a hint

0 0

lmao yeah i've tried similar ones, but can't figure it out. I also tried 'look at the fuse you have…you must only have one if you can only change one of them. The fuse should tell you what its resistance is, and judging on that, the fuse should only be able to fit into one place or else short circuit. Put the fuse in the right one, and that's the best you can do, because even if its not the one that turns the lights on, if you put that fuse in the light circuit it'd go out anyway.'

0 0

SubwayEater wrote: Come on guys… lets think…. It took me two seconds to figure it out.

Hint/Clue

If a light bulb is left on for a while, it grows warm Wow. We're studying fuses in physics class right now and I STILL didn't get it until you gave that hint. Thank you.

ImperfectTruth

edit nevermind. I got it wrong- took them forever to get back to me…

0 0

this thread makes as little sense as the actual logic#5. i tried lots of stuff…nothing worked.

~Folk Theory

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

yeah im stumped aswell i personaly thought you'd just be able to look up the stairs but no coz tht'd be too logical lol :D

0 0

can somebody help me with this please?

0 0

SubwayEater wrote: Come on guys… lets think…. It took me two seconds to figure it out.

Hint/Clue

If a light bulb is left on for a while, it grows warm

I think this should be enough help. :o

0 0

More of a spoiler if you ask me, SubwayEater you should edit your post.

0 0

EDIT Nevermind. I didn't realize you'd already gone into the basement.

0 0

guys- this is actually mad easy. mods- Spoiler in previous posts!

0 0

Its called logic, so just try the most logic things u can think of.. I've sent in my answers and havnt gotten any posts or pms so i dont know if my answers are wrong or nobody has gotten to them yet.. although here are some things that are uber logical.

1. Look upstairs.
  2. Turn them all on… none should be off in the first place.
  3. Worry about something else.. like finding a new house lol.. wtf u need a light for?? you just got hit by a hurricane.
  4. have somebody wait upstairs and yell down to you
  5. Turn them all off.. not sure how this would help anything… But it would definetly save you some $$. :D

0 0

sigh I honestly don't know how you guys can not have heard this one before. Anyway, something everyone is failing to see is that you need to use more than one of your senses to solve this one.

0 0

Its funny how we are posting to this when it was first put up around 2 years ago. Besides the point, its very easy to do this one. Read the first page of posts you should get it in no time

0 0

i used alluminum foil… cuz it sparks when electricity hits it

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

it is actually quite an easy answer if you know how think of it this way you got 2 fuses to play with an you can stay downstairs for aslong as you want? what happens if you leave a fuse on for a while?

To Admins if thts a spoiler then feel free to delete

0 0

SUBwayeater should edit post, this thread has way to many spoilers.

0 0

I would like to clear up a few things from a profesional stance .

Number one , a fuse normaly doesnt get warm unless its under serious load . Load is the state of witch power is bieng used . Anytime a device or perticular electrical application like a lamp in a lightfixture is drawing power from the source (the fuse) it will be creating a load . Now the only time the source should get warm is if its load is at maximum rating to that of witch the source (fuse) is engineered to protect at . Witch in terms of National Electrical code regulation that would be an excedance of 75% of total amperage allowance . For example if you have a 15 amp fuse . You are not allowed to have a maximum load exceeding 11.25 amps to ensure there is no over heating witch in many situations is the cause of a fire in residential applications . So if the amperage is not exceeding this 75% allowance then the fuse should not heat up .

With how vague this scenario is there should be multiple answers !

If the answer has to do with warmth then the answer is logicaly wrong acording to my professional experience in the electrical field !

Heres some questions that are relevant to the logic of this challenge :

How many lights are on this circuit ? Are there any electrical application on the other two circuits ? If there is what are these applications ? If there is 10 lights on this circuit and all of the bulbs are 50w-75w then i could see the fuse warming up enough to detect it ! But also if there is operating applications on the remaining two circuits causing enough load then they will become warm as well thus ruling out the warm factor !? Did i leave all of the light switches in the on position to generate a load ? If theres hypotheticaly no applications on the other two remaining circuits then i can figure out witch circuit is the lighting circuit becuase i will get an arc when i go to screw in the fuse due to the load thats on it ! All very relevant pieces of information !

Neqtan

0 0

Actually, this is only the one kind of challenges, which I don't believe in hints with it! It's all returns to you.

You have to think logically, to reach the most logical solution. And the logical challenges on HBH, are really very easy to solve. Most of them are general information, some imagination, and a few of math/physics booleans.

nobody
0 0

I'm agree with mido, and Neqtan, I think, its not the fuse that get warm in this logic:p

Banned
0 0

flame_1221 wrote: I'm agree with mido, and Neqtan, I think, its not the fuse that get warm in this logic:p

Thanks for bumping.

0 0

This is the only one i cant seem to figure out.

If you have 3 switches, you need to flip two. then you check. if the lights are still off, you know.

but if theyre on you now have 2 switches to choose from and you can't check. which means 50/50 chance.

unless you want to do complicated scenarios, in which case i submit just flip them all and be done with it.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Maybe actually try reading the rest of this thread then.

0 0

ah very good, i found the solution on the internet.