Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Social engineering 1

Ph4n70m
0 0

Well, So far i know: -Age -Name -Location -Phone Number -The sports he enjoys

I also know that i need to combine two of the digit answers. E.G, Age=12 Phone Number-345678 My Combination= 1234

I have tryed as many combinations as i can possibly think of and i'm still getting nowhere.

Am i missing something? Please could somebody give me a push in he right direction?

Thanks in advance, Parker

0 0

Parker wrote: Please could somebody give me a push in he right direction?

Thanks in advance, Parker

Sure… read the "Social Engineering" threads in the challenge forums. You're welcome.

Ph4n70m
0 0

I already have done? And i tryed everything i thought of. Hence, Why i started a new thread.

I know it'll be something little and stupid that i'm missing. So i figured that i would ask a question myself and see if someone can help me instead of having myself re-try all of the possible combinations that i have already tryed.

0 0

Parker wrote: So i figured that i would ask a question myself and see if someone can help me instead of having myself re-try all of the possible combinations that i have already tryed.

Consider this a relatively unpleasant lesson… keep track of your progress when attempting a hack. Organization is key.

Ph4n70m
0 0

It's not the keeping track that's the problem. It's the 'little thing' that i appear to be missing that i can't find in my 'tracks' that i would like help trying to find.

<EDIT: Plain blatancy>

Admin from hell
0 0

My god, This challenge is childs play I can't believe people still post on this.:@

0 0

All I got out of the idiot is please ask a more specific question.

hes a social idiot.

0 0

Parker wrote: So yeah, any other smart comment you fancy giving me?

PS. Its hardly a 'relatively unpleasant' lesson to be learned

Oh, you mean, like spoon-feeding your lazy ass the answer? No, I don't "fancy" doing that.

It is a lesson to be learned… if you want to be a challenge-completing noob that knows nothing, then sure, I can give you blatant hints. Otherwise, you need to work for it to gain anything from it. Hate me for being honest… I don't really give a shit. To complete SE1, I had to write down my tries until I got one to work.

In the real world, you have to make multiple tries before one works (if one even does); to treat a challenge any differently is depriving yourself of the benefit. Any ignorant bullshit you fancy giving me?

Ph4n70m
0 0

I know what you mean.. And i have written it down, i have tryed more than one answer. I was just asking to making sure i was on the right tracks, and if not then a push on the right way to go about it.

I wasn't looking to cause an argument.

But yeah, If you don't want to help me then okay..

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Parker wrote: So yeah, any other smart comment you fancy giving me?

It's generally considered stupid to make smart ass comments while asking for help. Just another lesson you might benefit from.

Ph4n70m
0 0

ynori7 wrote: It's generally considered stupid to make smart ass comments while asking for help. Just another lesson you might benefit from.

True, Sorry about that, I'm just tired and easily stressed. You and Zephyr_Pure are right.

Sorry for the blatancy. You were just trying to help.

0 0

Parker wrote: I know what you mean.. And i have written it down, i have tryed more than one answer. I was just asking to making sure i was on the right tracks, and if not then a push on the right way to go about it.

I wasn't looking to cause an argument.

But yeah, If you don't want to help me then okay..

It's been over a year since I completed that one… instead of trying different mixes of all the numbers, try combining different consecutive numbers. Write out all of the possibilities before you try them, and go down the list. Shouldn't take long… this one is easy. If you're still having trouble, PM me in a week.

Ph4n70m
0 0

Shall do :)

Cheers Zephyr

Once again, Sorry for the blatancy :/

0 0

Parker wrote: Shall do :)

Cheers Zephyr

Once again, Sorry for the blatancy :/

Hey, no hard feelings on this end. I just get used to not seeing the effort… but, you're showing some, so I figure this will go well. Good luck on the challenge. :)