Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Encryption 7

0 0

Could anyone give me a hint on what hash this is? I've tried MD5/dic attack… that took an hour (yes, my dictionary is 234 MB) with no results :\ and I don't feel like waiting 1.8e13 years for a brute-force attack… I'm also partway through MD4/dic and wondering where I should spend my time… any hint appreciated P.S. MD2 also a possibility?

0 0

Im sure that it's not MD5

0 0

aah thx im workin on the others now…

0 0

so what is the type???

My md4/dic (5*100 mb list) gave me none results

0 0

I've been trying to crack this for sooooooooo long.

I've been using the entire charset, i got to 9 characters on md5 and md4 and 6 characters on md2. If anyone has anything useful to help, i'd really appreciate it.

0 0

is it a special type of MD hash??? like Ripv2-MD5 or OSPF-MD5???

0 0

Ok I tried to crack this hash with a 1gb wordlist and with huge rainbow tables, I trried MD2,MD4,MD5 a little hint now would help. you can PM me

0 0

Well, i think that there's only two people who have actually done this mission.

0 0

damn, I gone throug about 6 online md5 databases and none of them gave me any results. I went to my buddy to use his rainbow tables (10 gb md2, 10 gb md4 and 50 gb md5) and found NOTHING, absolutely nothing :(

Is there another encryption type which uses 16-bit long strings???

0 0

For the record MD hashes are not 16-bits (2 bytes), they are 32 bytes.

0 0

Damn it metsoc, just how the hell did you get this one? :( tear :p

0 0

I got mad skills

0 0

I ment, there 16 chars long, this is the way Cain gives errors when you enter the wrong format ;)

Did you did it by hand or something like that??? Could you just give us a little hint into the right direction??? pretty please :d

0 0

lol, you have too much skills metsoc30.

0 0

Thanks nights_shadow, and I did it by hand, manually crafting a MD hash

0 0

That must have taken a long time!

0 0

lol, are you serious????:o

0 0

Yes, but that was only after i reverse engineered it.

0 0

I didn't think it was possible to reverse engineer a true md hash……. Since the only real ways to break it are to simply guess the password and run it through a md hash generator and then compare the hashes or to guess another password and cause a collision. Other then that run it through a bruteforcing program and pray its a dictionary word otherwise your're going to be waiting for many more years then you have to live (most likely).

I cannot see this being done by hand…… but then again you did beat it somehow

aVoid

0 0

Can't you just give us a little hint? Like the password lenght or something?

––edit–– got it :p

0 0

it was soooooooo easy. i did it in about 5 min and im a noob

0 0

WTF all this talk of reverse engineering, i did this in seconds. Add MD5 Library on AIM and bingo. I don't know why your all getting your knickers in a twist!

0 0

I know, Cain says it's not an MD5 hash so, how else crack it, JTR maybe… is it MD5?

0 0

I couldn't crack this either.

0 0

it IS an md5 hash, its just not plain text (it is, theres someting after it) get a big wordlist (argon?) or md5 library

0 0

omg this takes like 2 secs just search for an md5 decryption on google or add jakes bot to aim i dont know if im allowed to say this so edit it if its too big a spoiler but the plaintext length is 8 chars. end3r

0 0

Yep, use Google. There are several online MD5 Crackers. Takes 2 seconds. ;)

0 0

or just google the actual encryption, comes up with the answer

0 0

Or just google a hash cracker took me matter of seconds.