Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Can someone please help me with enc 3 =(

0 0

sorry i tried to stay away from making these kinds of threads but I really dont know where to start. (i guess since there are no articles about this its probably a really easy one.but i still dont get it)

:( could you just please explain a little bit about what is meant by addition and subtraction? as in adding and subtracting the letters individually for each character, (as in I will always equal M, for instance) or adding and subtracting in relation to the letters before and after it. i'd really appreciate it if someone told me where to start :( thanks!

0 0

yes that is the gist of it, add or subtract each letter

0 0

so is it just a shift by n? I wrote a "bruteforcer" in C where it shifts by a number, asks if it looks right, then shifts by the next number (and so on) and I can't get anything…

0 0

okay im done. that was actually really easy. i wish i spent some more time looking at it instead of just giving up so fast. x.x

0 0

kryptor wrote: yes that is the gist of it, add or subtract each letter I have been on this one way to long. I understand math, but how are u suppose to add and sub. each indivdual letter? Where do you even start? I'm trying to think for myself, but I need some more explination on what to do. Hell I don't even want a hint, just teach me please :wow:.

0 0

sittingbull wrote: [quote]kryptor wrote: yes that is the gist of it, add or subtract each letter I have been on this one way to long. I understand math, but how are u suppose to add and sub. each indivdual letter? Where do you even start? I'm trying to think for myself, but I need some more explination on what to do. Hell I don't even want a hint, just teach me please :wow:. [/quote]

i havent done this one yet, but i would assume you would use the alphabet. A = 1, B = 2, C = 3; and so on, hopefully thats the right hint ;) if not someone please let him know lol

0 0

sittingbull wrote: [quote]kryptor wrote: yes that is the gist of it, add or subtract each letter I have been on this one way to long. I understand math, but how are u suppose to add and sub. each indivdual letter? Where do you even start? I'm trying to think for myself, but I need some more explination on what to do. Hell I don't even want a hint, just teach me please :wow:. [/quote]

i havent done this one yet, but i would assume you would use the alphabet. A = 1, B = 2, C = 3; and so on, hopefully thats the right hint ;) if not someone please let him know lol

0 0

thanks for the reply, but I actually figured it out. i've got an article written up on it…..