Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

My TIP encryption

Retired
10 0

Well, I have to go but, I don't want to leave you guys with nothing so here is the first posted TIP encryption. Have fun!

aasgaangaisoaatiaasaaiosaaoaaetaainaaeriaoaaainaaesnaisiatrnaeigaiggaigraiosaala

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to tell you, If you can crack it you will be named in my sig, and something special. Just send me a message with a plaintext of my encryption.
A few extra details: This is created by an algorithm. This is a very very advanced encryption (I believe it to be harder than any on this site). TIP stands for Triple Interval Pattern. Oh, and if you solve it, I will explain how this encryption works, and why it is secure.

0 0

What's TIP encryption? I'm pretty brand new to breaking encryption myself; I haven't done any of the encryption challenges but realize that encryption can be huge in forming your mind to see things that most people don't, and thus I really would like to start getting in to cryptography. I'm starting to get to see more and more with some challenges my friends throw at me, but more times than not it's an actual algorithm written in C or the like and I have to break it that way, not just an encrypted message (and they are very difficult too). If I come back across one, I'll post a couple algorithms in C for breaking here.

0 0

yours31f wrote: Well, I have to go but, I don't want to leave you guys with nothing so here is the first posted TIP encryption. Have fun!

aasgaangaisoaatiaasaaiosaaoaaetaainaaeriaoaaainaaesnaisiatrnaeigaiggaigraiosaala

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to tell you, If you can crack it you will be named in my sig, and something special. Just send me a message with a plaintext of my encryption.
A few extra details: This is created by an algorithm. This is a very very advanced encryption (I believe it to be harder than any on this site). TIP stands for Triple Interval Pattern. Oh, and if you solve it, I will explain how this encryption works, and why it is secure.

If it's got an algorithm attached to it, you should include that too. Like, when I get algorithms from a friend to crack, I get this:

#include <stdio.h>

#define position(n) ((n)*2)
#define position2(n) ((n)*2+1)
#define XOR ^

int encrypt(char *key, char *array, int length)
{
   int i;
   array[position(0)]=array[position(0)] XOR key[0];
   array[position2(0)]=array[position2(0)] XOR key[1];
   for(i=1;i<(length/2);i++)
   {
     array[position(i)]=array[position(i)] XOR array[position(i-1)];
     array[position2(i)]=array[position2(i)] XOR array[position2(i-1)];
   }
   return 0; 
}

int decrypt(char *key, char *array, int length)
{
   int i;
   char temp[2],temp2[2];
   temp[0]=array[position(0)];
   temp[1]=array[position2(0)];

{
     temp2[0]=array[position(i)];
     temp2[1]=array[position2(i)];
     array[position(i)]=array[position(i)] XOR temp[0];
     array[position2(i)]=array[position2(i)] XOR temp[1];
     temp[0]=temp2[0];
     temp[1]=temp2[1];
   }
   return 0;    

}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
   char array[100];
   int length;
   char key[2];
   char inpname[128],outname[128];
   int intkey;
   FILE *input,*output;

printf("Enter the key(0-65535): ");
   scanf("%d",&intkey);
   key[0]=(char)((intkey>>8)&255);
   key[1]=(char)(intkey&255);

printf("Do you want to encrypt or decrypt the file?\n 1 for encrypt, 2 for decrypt:" );
   scanf("%d",&intkey); //reusing since the old value is not needed anymore

printf("File to process: ");
   scanf("%s",&inpname);

printf("File to output: ");
   scanf("%s",&outname);

input=fopen(inpname,"rb");
   if(input==NULL)
   {
      printf("Input file does not exist.\n");
      return 0;
   }

output=fopen(outname,"wb");
   if(output==NULL)
   {
      printf("Output file could not be created.\n");
      return 0;
   }
   length=fread(array,sizeof(char),100,input);
   switch(intkey)
   {
      case 1:
         encrypt(key,array,length);
         break;
      case 2:
         decrypt(key,array,length);
         break;
      default:
         break;
   }
   fwrite(array,sizeof(char),length,output);
   fclose(input);
   fclose(output);
   printf("Done.\n");
   return 0;
}

And an encrypted message; that one was really easy to crack, but I can't find the encrypted message. And, if we crack it then it's not really all that secure, is it? :p

Banned
0 0

ITT: People not understanding basic principles of Crypto. Yours31f, you've done it again.

Retired
10 0

Security of a cryptographic message is a measure not something that is or is not. The point behind posting is to test your skills at decrypting an encryption. So far not even one serious reply as to the answer. Come on people, What happened to all the people that just lingered, waiting for a chance to show what they know? This is your chance, because as I have said , this is not an easy one. I believe this to be more secure than any on this site. My last encryption had a different lesson. The lesson was to keep learning. This is just a challenge I developed in my spare time. Now I figured I would put it to the test but if no-one tries it, what has been accomplished by posting it?

0 0

yours31f wrote: Security of a cryptographic message is a measure not something that is or is not. The point behind posting is to test your skills at decrypting an encryption. So far not even one serious reply as to the answer. Come on people, What happened to all the people that just lingered, waiting for a chance to show what they know? This is your chance, because as I have said , this is not an easy one. I believe this to be more secure than any on this site. My last encryption had a different lesson. The lesson was to keep learning. This is just a challenge I developed in my spare time. Now I figured I would put it to the test but if no-one tries it, what has been accomplished by posting it?

Quite frankly, I haven't seen enough evidence that you've really worked hard on anything at all to even bother wasting my time. First off, you say my TIP encryption challenge (which TIP encryption doesn't exist and you didn't bother to explain it at all), you claim to have an algorithm but haven't posted it. Basically, you gave us this to begin with:

TIP encryption, GO! Fuck that. I'm not here to prove myself to anyone. Maybe some people just sit back online all day in the hopes that there will be a challenge that could raise his e-pen0r but not me. Until I see more evidence that you've actually taken your time I've got much better ways to entertain my time.

Banned
0 0

Yours31f, the amount of ciphertext posted is far too little in order to successfully attack it using ciphertext-only attacks.

1. Post algo
  2. Post reasoning + math scribbles
  3. Post more examples
  4. Perhaps post some of your own analysis (The ones you did in order to test if it was secure?)

And finally, read a goddamn book on crypto. Even Dan fucking Brown has a better understanding of it then you do.

Mad Hatter
0 0

wouldn't posting the algorithm be like giving you keys to the car you are forbidden to drive

0 0

4rm4g3dd0n wrote: wouldn't posting the algorithm be like giving you keys to the car you are forbidden to drive

No. Just because you have the algorithm doesn't mean shit, it can still be very difficult to crack in some cases.

Retired
10 0

Ok, well i have a better idea. How about you guys see what you think of this encryption method.

text legendary.

a=3,b=6,c=9;

letter = (position in the alphabet.) x alternating and incrementing variables;

((t=20) * a ) = 60;  a=a+1;
((e=5)  * b ) = 30;  b=b+2;
((x=23) * c ) = 207; c=c+3;
((t=20) * a ) = 80;   a=a+1;
(( =27) * b ) = 216; b=b+2;

60 30 207 80 216 

then make every thing go to 4 digit numbers like

0060 0030 0207 0080 0216

0=a
1=e
2=i
3=o
4=s
5=t
6=r
7=n
8=g
9=l

so then the encryption becomes...

aaraaaoaaianaagaaier...

and thats how it is encrypted. Decrpyting is just as easy when you have the algo, just reverse it... if char 1= a then it = 0... there it is... TIP encryption explained.``` 

Banned
0 0

Well, useless. Sorry, but that's what this is. Do you realize decrypting is even easier than encrypting?

Furthermore;

1. Encryption is too heavy on the processor. (BITWISE, BITWISE!)
  2. Lots of added information which can be discarded later on (the extra "a's" are useless).
  3. Output is WAY too large compared to input.
  4. Uses linear mathematics to encrypt. Linear. Deducible.
  5. No secret key system. (How can B decipher A's message, without the whole world knowing what the message is?). Edit: Unless you wanted to use the "alternating and incrementing variables" as secret key. This key would be very, very long. With "very, very" I actually mean "WAY TO FUCKING".

0 0

yours31f wrote: Ok, well i have a better idea. How about you guys see what you think of this encryption method.

text legendary.

a=3,b=6,c=9;

60 30 207 80 216 

0060 0030 0207 0080 0216

0=a
1=e
2=i
3=o
4=s
5=t
6=r
7=n
8=g
9=l

aaraaaoaaianaagaaier...

and thats how it is encrypted. Decrpyting is just as easy when you have the algo, just reverse it... if char 1= a then it = 0... there it is... TIP encryption explained.``` 

What language would you use to code this algorithm? And, that's not secure at all...although you don't have a full coded algorithm, I've never seen any algorithm so weak, though as I've said I'm pretty new to encryption I've been really trying to wrap my head around it and become good.

0 0

I mean, come on. THIS is an extremely easily crackable algorithm:

#include <stdio.h>

#define position(n) ((n)*2)
#define position2(n) ((n)*2+1)
#define XOR ^

int encrypt(char *key, char *array, int length)
{
int i;
{
array[position(i)]=array[position(i)] XOR array[position(i-1)];
array[position2(i)]=array[position2(i)] XOR array[position2(i-1)];
}
return 0;
}

int decrypt(char *key, char *array, int length)
{
int i;
char temp[2],temp2[2];
temp[0]=array[position(0)];
temp[1]=array[position2(0)];

{
temp2[0]=array[position(i)];
temp2[1]=array[position2(i)];
array[position(i)]=array[position(i)] XOR temp[0];
array[position2(i)]=array[position2(i)] XOR temp[1];
temp[0]=temp2[0];
temp[1]=temp2[1];
}
return 0;

}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
char array[100];
int length;
char key[2];
char inpname[128],outname[128];
int intkey;
FILE *input,*output;

printf("Enter the key(0-65535): ");
scanf("%d",&intkey);
key[0]=(char)((intkey>>8)&255);
key[1]=(char)(intkey&255);

printf("Do you want to encrypt or decrypt the file?\n 1 for encrypt, 2 for decrypt:" );
scanf("%d",&intkey); //reusing since the old value is not needed anymore

printf("File to process: ");
scanf("%s",&inpname);

printf("File to output: ");
scanf("%s",&outname);

input=fopen(inpname,"rb");
if(input==NULL)
{
printf("Input file does not exist.\n");
return 0;
}

output=fopen(outname,"wb");
if(output==NULL)
{
printf("Output file could not be created.\n");
return 0;
}
length=fread(array,sizeof(char),100,input);
switch(intkey)
{
case 1:
encrypt(key,array,length);
break;
case 2:
decrypt(key,array,length);
break;
default:
break;
}
fwrite(array,sizeof(char),length,output);
fclose(input);
fclose(output);
printf("Done.\n");
return 0;
}

And THIS is yours, which you claim to be uber l33t ultra secure algorithm:

text legendary.

a=3,b=6,c=9;

60 30 207 80 216 

0060 0030 0207 0080 0216

0=a
1=e
2=i
3=o
4=s
5=t
6=r
7=n
8=g
9=l

aaraaaoaaianaagaaier...

Now, come on man...are you trolling or something? LOL