Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Brute force

0 0

Anybody know where to get a good brute force pass cracker that ACTUALLY works? So far all I have is Brutus, and it doesn't work like at all…:@

0 1

does anyone else think i should ban this person?

0 0

May I ask the reason for banning me?

0 0

No, I dont think you should ban him, he hasnt done a thing wrong. Try using John the Ripper. Usually its what you're trying to crack that's got the problem.

0 1

from his post i gathred.. because he made reference to Brutus.. he wants a program that can brute force a password/login on a website.

hence - he wants links to SK tools. has no ambition to program for himself. Thus why i wanted to ban them.

0 0

Thanks CNS, Sorry cheese that I have no idea how I would go about programming my own brute force password cracker…

0 0

I most definitely don't know how to use John the Ripper… It just doesn't open for me… Anyone wanna at least help me out with that?

0 1

are you intending to brute force online login forms…

or hashes??

because if you intend to brute force hashes, then brutus is not in anyway gonna help you. and john the ripper is a command line bases program. so if you double click it to open it. it wont work. But then again, if you wre skillful enough to actually obtain someones hash, i doubt you would be asking for links.

so my conclusion = you are asking for help to run simple SK programs like brutus, on web based login forms. Thus you != intelligent person.

0 0

Killstream wrote: I most definitely don't know how to use John the Ripper… It just doesn't open for me… Anyone wanna at least help me out with that?

do you realise that JTR is command line, yeah? anyway, i could never get it to work in windows. Try installing and running it in linux, so much easier than in windows.

0 0

Yeah, I was talking about hashes… And yes, I have some hashes that DO need cracked, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call me stupid, when YOU are the one that didn't understand what I was asking… Thanks for the help guys :)

0 0

My command prompt doesn't work… so does that mean I can't use John the Ripper?

0 1

Killstream wrote: Yeah, I was talking about hashes… And yes, I have some hashes that DO need cracked, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call me stupid, when YOU are the one that didn't understand what I was asking… Thanks for the help guys :)

ok, fair enough. I took it to mean you wanted login's brute forced. Which is what brutus does.

0 0

He thought you wee dumb because he seemed to be tryign to crack hashes with a login brutforcer sniggers no offfense mate just funny. not surprised you couldn't get t to crack hashses, actually I 've never been able to get brutus working to many confusing options

0 0

Try using some password brute forcers on linux, use a live-cd like PHLAK (phlak.org i believe) or go to the GData Hash Database and see if they have your hash.

0 0

Mmmmmk Thank you guys for the help… :p